One of my dreams for the “PolinArts..” was that it would have an animated section. Last year, I found a very interesting study which I wanted to present using exactly that medium. As I didn’t know any animators- I decided to do it myself. I had never done an animation before, so the idea of trying something new was very exciting.
Check my last year’s post: How to make it yourself: hand-made animation
However, after preparing the cut outs and watching endless videos on how much effort goes into animating a minute of a film- I found the prospect daunting enough that I decided to wait till I had somebody to help me.
It took more than six months, but finally, last Monday, Valeria, Aiste and I took the bull by the horns and within one evening we made the history happen. Poor Aister, who left home at 7am for work, was exhausted so could only stay till 9pm. Luckily, Valeria was determined to finish it with me and I am so grateful to her. I wouldn’t have done it without her. We put together just one scene, as that how much we needed for trailer, but we learned so much and had loads of fun! There also some frustration, of course, especially when our camera went to sleep and we had to adjust the close up over and over again. Or when our lovely protagonist, held together by blue tag, started falling apart under the hit of our hands and the lamps directed at it.
But it’s all finished now and it looks sooo cool! Take a look at the pictures below.